Monday, August 15, 2011

Holding Lessons

On Monday, it was Korea’s Independence Day; the most productive Independence Day I have ever had (Professional Development Day for KIS). As a result, some of my classes will only see me once this week. If I continue my lesson planning without addressing this situation, these classes would fall behind. 


Mr. Page suggested that I have “holding lessons” when holidays or unexpected events like assemblies come along. These special lessons have students do activities that utilize software or Web 2.0 tools that they already know how to use. The purpose of these activities is to practice technology skills and utilize their knowledge to create work. An example of this would be to have students go onto their own blogs and reflect on their learning for the day. Another example could be for students to create a multimedia presentation about a topic or interest that they are familiar with.


These lessons hold back classes, while students practice their skills and utilize their knowledge, so that the other classes who have less time with me can keep up.


Thanks Mr. Page!

No comments:

Post a Comment