Last week, my colleague, Javier Hernandez, presented a PD on virtual museums using Apple's Keynote. I thought this would be a great idea for our 5th graders who are currently studying the different cultures of the world. But instead of using Keynote, I thought it would be easier for the students and teachers to use Google Slides. Using office suite applications on your computer can be troublesome during the submission process (multiple emails, multiple versions, etc). The following is the Virtual Museum template I created using Google Slides. The "Main Lobby" is where you can access the different rooms. For the 5th grade project, each room would be designated for a specific component of a world culture. The curator's office is where students can provide an image and a short description of themselves. In the "Room" slides, students can insert images of their museum piece and rename the text appropriately. If you are planning to create ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHy4SqmxgsM I want to share my "Digital Citizenship Integration Model." My goal with this framework is to help you integrate digital citizenship concepts easily and meaningfully into your students’ learning experiences. Ultimately, it’s about developing a culture of compassion, responsibility, and well-being within our digital lives. What is Digital Citizenship? According to Common Sense Education, digital citizenship is "the responsible use of technology to learn, create, and participate." While technology offers our students incredible opportunities to connect and discover, it also brings challenges—from cyberbullying and privacy violations to digital distraction. To truly help our students, we need to move beyond isolated lessons and build a Digital Citizenship Culture . This consists of shared attitudes, beliefs, and practices for responsible technology use championed by every stakeholder in the school. Here is how my two-part ...
The Next Web ’s article, 29 new inspiring responsive designs on the web , showcases numerous website examples that offer an excellent optimal viewing experience (e.g. easy reading and navigation). I think teachers and students should focus on effective web design techniques for their classroom website, ePortfolio, or class wiki to give them a smart, elegant, and aesthetically- pleasing look. Here are some of the examples that can inspire your classroom website: 1. Starbucks 2. Spigot Design 3. Microsoft Here is my own classroom website that could provide you some design inspiration. I use Wix , a web-based platform that allows you to create stunning websites. Web Design Unit I have also developed a Web Design unit for my 2nd grade class. The purpose of the unit is to teach students the skills and techniques that are required in developing quality websites. Students will create an ePortfolio that will allow them to reflect and showcase their academic work. Click here or the...
Comments
Post a Comment