Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Chrome Apps in the Classroom


I have decided to include Google Chrome apps and extensions into my Web Browsing unit. I think students should know that web browsers allow users to install extensions that benefit their browsing experience, as well as provide educational and productivity apps. Here is a list of apps I have already installed into my browser and will use in my class:


1. Little Alchemy: This entertaining website allows students to learn about how combing different elements creates new substances.



2. Chrome Web Lab: This website teaches students about 5 important things that people can use the web for:


  • How the web enables people to collaborate

  • How the web can give you the experience of being somewhere else

  • How the web connects to physical objects

  • How data travels across the web

  • How easy information is accessible


3. Google I/O: Input and Output: Students can use geometry to create a machine that will transport a ball to its rightful place. 



4. Builder with Chrome (LEGO): Students can see a glimpse of the world of architecture through this interactive LEGO building game. 



5. Lucidchart 



6. Pathuku: This game can workout your brain. 



7. PicMonkey: Web-based photo editor



8. Autodesk Homestyler: Home-building web-based program


No comments:

Post a Comment