Thursday, November 6, 2014

Multiple Intelligence Test: How my Intelligence types influence my pedagogy

Yesterday I took a multiple intelligence test. I found that the results were pretty accurate and noticed how my intelligence types influences my teaching. Here is what I found.

Multiple Intelligences Test Findings

Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 7.57.31 AM
The results of the multiple intelligence test shows that my intelligence comes more from bodily-kinesthetic activities. I also enjoy logical-mathematical and spatial-visual activities to learn content and skills. The test also revealed that I do not enjoy linguistic and musical activities.

Reflection on the Accuracy of those Findings and How the Findings Affect My Teaching

The multiple intelligence test was accurate in showing how I like to learn content and skills, and how I like to demonstrate mastery of content and skills. The test indicated that my prefered intelligence type is bodily-kinesthetic. I enjoy playing sports and my dream career was to become a professional sports player. I also enjoy using my hands to create things because of the physical experience and movement. I learn by doing! My second intelligent type is logical-mathematical. I enjoy using teaching approaches that allow students to create their own process and devise their own strategies to accomplish tasks. I have used project-based learning in the past, but now I am integrating the design thinking process with 1st and 4th grade classes, and will work with 5th grade in the coming weeks. This process helps students create creative products to problems that they find. My third intelligent type is spatial-visual. I am obsessed with they way information is presented. I focus a lot of my time making my website, presentations, blogs, educational videos, and infographics aesthetically pleasing. I love the creative process of making my information easy to perceive and understand in a visually pleasing manner. I scored the lowest in Since I enjoy using visual and spatial perception in education, I have implemented Minecraft, a 3D world simulation game where you can build structures and craft items through the resources you find, in many units.  For example, in science I had students create volcanoes and plate boundaries, develop simple electrical circuits, and calculate speeds of objects. I also had students create their own communities to teach civic competence. This game is great for students who have the same intelligence type as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment