Friday, March 15, 2013

Sad Day for Teachers Who Use Google Reader for EDU Content


Image

Google Reader will retire on July 1, 2013! 

According to the official Google blog, the RSS service will be dropped due to the decline in users, and Google's goal to improve overall user experience by focusing on fewer products.
Google Reader is a great tool for teachers because it provides them with specific & relevant content that they can utilize in their teaching and classrooms. Google Reader is where I get the majority of my educational technology content and news. I implement the ideas I find into my computer class, or help other teachers integrate them into their classrooms/curriculum. 
Luckily, there is a solution! Feedly, a RSS app, has promised to duplicate Google Reader's API so that the service can continue. At my school, I have suggested teachers use Feedly to access a news feed of their students' Blogger posts!

Transitioning from Google Reader to feedly 

Image

SIGN A PETITION TO STOP GOOGLE READER FROM RETIRING!

No comments:

Post a Comment